Question : Turning of autocorrect in runtime (Acc 97)

In the dutch language there are several 2 character combinations forming one character (or sound). These characters then both need to be capitalized. Example: IJsland (dutch for Iceland). This obviously makes the autocorrect function that corrects "TWo INitial CApitals" unusable for any dutch application.

I know you can set the Allow Autocorrect of a field, but that would mean editing all existing forms. So that was a no go.

I just want to turn it off by default and from VBA (as in automatically). Unfortunately I can not find an easy way to do this. I would have hoped Application.SetOption would do the trick, but autocorrect is part of the common Office 8.0 option set.

I found some registry settings concerning the autocorrect options. That way I could set HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0\Common\AutoCorrect\CorrectTwoInitialCapitals   to   00 00 00 00, but I'm not a fan of altering the registry settings.

Is there a better way to turn off this autocorrect setting?

Answer : Turning of autocorrect in runtime (Acc 97)

Although you can not change the features yourself, you can provide a facility for the users to set the autocorrect as they would like.

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAutoCorrect

will bring up the autocorrect dialog box so that the users can remove the function or enter the exceptions.

This can be put on a command button or more usefully, a custom menu bar.

Jim
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us