Question : Need to open excel file through ASP Page(which is outside of App folder)

Actually i need to open a excel  file from an asp page with an provided link(say Bank copy).
If the files comes in application folder then it is easy to open, we could mention the file name it will open. But i actually need to open excel file which is out of Application (app) folder. kindly suggest help me out to give an idea..
i.e. my app folder is C:\chembu\bank\bank.xls -> i could open this thru asp page...say if i have file at C:\chembu\bank.xls. how to open it.........by giving the link in asp page ???
Code Snippet:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
in asp page:-
Bank Copy
function bank() {indow.open(bank.xls','mywindow','scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes');}

this i will get a link on asp page i could open, say if it is outside of App folder as i mention.. how can i ????

Answer : Need to open excel file through ASP Page(which is outside of App folder)

Hi chembukar,
>>..FTP ok.. but our constraint is not put the file in app folder, becoz is visible all over the internet.............
- You can redirect user to centralized down page to handle all the download process here. This can avoid the exposure of physical directories to public via URL since you can control the download logic there before user start download the file.
Check this PAQ for further solution:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web_Development/Web_Languages-Standards/ASP/Q_24124230.html
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us