Question : How to Install Windows Server 2008 OS on Dell PowerEdge 2800

I need to do a fresh install of Windows Server 2008 R2 on a Dell PowerEdge 2800.  How will I get the Server 2008 R2 DVD installation to see my RAID 1disk?  I know usually I need to somehow load the RAID drivers during or before the Windows install but cannot remember exactly what to use to do this??

I know Dell usually has some type of boot ISO CD that can be downloaded that "pre-loads" the RAID drivers to kick off the new OS install but I'm not sure which ISO I need(well that is if I even need to do this)  Here is a link to the Dell support page that has some ISOs :

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=RC956904&l=en&s=bsdr&os=WNET&osl=en&catid=&impid=&SystemID=PWE_PNT_2800

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

Answer : How to Install Windows Server 2008 OS on Dell PowerEdge 2800

To properly install Windows 2008 on a Dell 2800 you need to use the Dell Systems Management Tools and Documentation DVD. This preloads all of the driver support you need

Go to Support.dell.com, select drivers and downloads, enter your service tag, select the OS version you are installing. Then look in the Systems Management Section and follow the directions to download the 2 .iso files needed.
Download all ISO file segments into an empty subdirectory on your local hard drive. After you have downloaded all the file segments, run the following command to create the ISO file:
copy /b OM* OM_610_SMTD_A00.iso
Use ImgBurn.com to create your DVD
Boot the server with this and off you go.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us