Question : Office COmmunicator 2007 - Address book sync issue

ALL end users are receiving an error unable to syncronize the addressbook "This may be because of the proxy server settings in your web browser from not allowing it to sync?"

Note: I'm using ISA (latest version)

I wouldn't know where to start on troubleshooting this issue. Note: I'm only utilizing ISA for port 80 and 443, I'm 99% positive I'm using 443 for communication, and I know in about a year the vert will need to be renewed ut that's about it.

Suggestions?
thanks
Brett

Answer : Office COmmunicator 2007 - Address book sync issue

Download the Office Communications Server 2007 Resource Kit Tools from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B9BF4F71-FB0B-4DE9-962F-C56B70A8AECD&displaylang=en

Once this is installed, browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\ResKit and run ABSConfig.exe. This is the Address Book Server Configuration Tool. You can disable phone numbers being normalized by clicking the Configure WMI tab and choosing "Apply no rules" under the Normalization Rules heading.

Also, you may want to get rid of any "Phone" attributes in the "Configure Attributes" tab if you don't need phone numbers displayed. Just change them to "None" and Apply changes.

If you want to force these new settings straight away, follow the instructions when you click OK (open command prompt, go to the directory where abserver.exe is (default = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\Server\Core) and run "abserver.exe -syncNow").

Hope this helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us