Question : cannot access win xp system in workgroup

hi, ive got 2 win xp pro sp3 systems running.both on a sonicwall tz170.

from the machine 2 i cannot access folders on machine 1, i get the message '\\machine-1 is not accessible.  you might not have permissions to access this resource, etc...'

they are both in 'workgroup', both on same 192.168.168.x network with 255.255.255.0. i can ping each other via machine name an ip address and get replies.

but in win explorer i cannot access the systems

both systems are running trend micro internet security but ive disabled the anti-virus and the trend micro on the network adapter  [that enabled me to ping each other]
ive got the windows firewall turned off on both

cant seem to figure this out, i know its gotta be something simple, was gonna try safe mode with networking next.
m

Answer : cannot access win xp system in workgroup

You could have an issue with the Office installation and also an issue with your profile. Try uninstalling, restarting and re-installing Office 2003, and if that does not do it, save (SAVE ALL) the contents of your profile in a root folder (temp) and make sure you can access files in there. Then delete your profile and remake it. Restore your documents, mail and favourites and see if that helps.

If nothing helps, rootkit malware may be rearing its ugly head. ... Thinkpads_User
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us