Question : access databse already in use

1) I made 2 files,

1st the "back end" which I named BE and is hidden in the shared folder of the server. The BE has tables only.

2nd the "front end" which is also located in the shared folder is not hidden, so as for the other users to copy and paste it on their own workstation. The front end is named "Verification". It has the forms, queries, reports & macros. The tables in the front end is linked to the "BE"

2) When you open the front end it has a hidden form directly linked to the BE table. (I did this, so when you open the Front end, it would have direct link to the table).

3) I verified that in the options of the database would be shared and no locks and also the "Open databases using record-level locking" is unchecked

So far all I have done should work in multiple users using access at the same time. but only one user can access it at one point in time.

and I have confirmed that all users have read/write/modify windows permissions for that folder with that file in that shared folder.

Answer : access databse already in use

Hi cmec,
 >the options of the database would be shared

Shared or exclusive is a user-based  setting not a database setting.  You would have to check each user's Access config to be absolutely sure, although Shared is the default.

> and I have confirmed that all users have read/write/modify windows
> permissions for that folder with that file in that shared folder.
I'm not really clear what you are saying here but it sounds a bit too specific to me..
Each user must have full rights on the containing the backend file (including Delete rights).

Pete
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us