Question : Importing XML into MS Access 2003 or higher and keep Parent Child relationships in the tables

I am working with MS Access 2003 and xml files.  I am trying to import an xml file which contains parent and child relationships.  My xml file shows a relationship but does not have a relationship key to the child like a number or such, how do I import the file into access and keep the relationship together. Access places the data into a separate table but there is know way to know what records belong to the parent. Do I need to build a xmls file to assist access or what? Please help me I am much need for assistance.
Thanks to the brain trust in advance. ck

Answer : Importing XML into MS Access 2003 or higher and keep Parent Child relationships in the tables

yes.  It's on everyone's PC.  You make a reference to it like any other DLL or library.  Look for "Microsoft XML" in the list.  It has a complete DOM (document object model) that represents the xml file.  You can navigate it like:
for each mnode in myxmlfile.nodes
   for each cnode in mnode.childnodes
blah blah blah.
I use it in Access all the time when I use web services.  Web services often return their results in XML format.  The nifty import features in Access are VERY picky about how the XML data looks.  Therefore, I often have to do it the hard way.

Here's a link to get you started:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/html/b24aafc2-bf1b-4702-bf1c-b7ae3597eb0c.asp
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us