Question : Publishing Site

I am trying to publish to the server supporting my site, but in doing so, I get the following error:
Unable to open http://www.rancbavic.com. Possible causes:
1. The web server may not have Frontpage Server Extensions installed
2. The web server may be temporarily out of service.
3. If you are connecting through a proxy server, the proxy settings may be incorrect
4. An error may have occurred in the web server

Despite repeated requests, the server support staff insist that there is nothing wrong with the server and that Frontpage Extensions have been enabled and are working properly. Neither am I using a proxy.

Is there something that I am missing?

thanks

Ursa
28/4

Answer : Publishing Site

more and more i am thinking Ursa's problems are resulting from the editing PC.  in the past trying to resolve your FP problems (there have been many over the past few months), have we ever had you try a reinstallation of the OS?  If not, this may be a worthy cause at this point.

also, do you have a router in between the editing PC and the internet?  if so, just for a test, try to disconnect this device and plug your editing PC directly into the internet connection, then publish.  I find it very unlikely that this would be the cause, but at this point we are running out of conventional options.

this is definitely strikes me as just another symptom of a deep-rooted underlying problem - perhaps a driver somewhere causing conflicts, or a registry error, or even an infection of some type.  up to this point, i believe you have tried reinstalling both the server and client FrontPage technology, run various scans, repaired you internet connection, upgraded your office suite - the list goes on an on.

and believe me irwinpks, i have been at my wits end more times than i care to count trying to understand why the obvious isn't working for Ursa.  there HAS to be something else here causing all the problems.

we have our work cut out for ourselves on this one....but have faith - there is a solution to every problem, we just have to find it :)

nprignano

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us