Question : How do I restore a Mirror in SQL Server 2005 when it is in a "Unsynchronized Disconnected / In Recovery" state?

Over the weekend a scenario occured where both of the Servers in a Mirrored environment were the Principal server and both were accessible.  In the process of restarting services, the wrong server finally took over and became the real Principle, leaving the mirrored environment unable to synchronize.  I have removed Mirroring from the principle and it is running in production stand alone.  I still have the mirrored database with 9 hours of transactions that I need to recover.  Is there anyway to restore that database even though it is in an unsynchronized state?  

When I try to Remove Mirroring it gives me the following error: "Synchronization of the mirror database was interrupted, leaving the database in an inconsistent state. The ALTER DATABASE command failed. Ensure that the mirror database is back up and online, and then reconnect the mirror server instance and allow the mirror database to finish synchronizing."  The problem with this error is the fact that synchronization will never occur.  

Does anyone know anyway around this problem so that I can restore the Mirror?

Answer : How do I restore a Mirror in SQL Server 2005 when it is in a "Unsynchronized Disconnected / In Recovery" state?

Ok.  I'm stumped too.  I'd appreciate it if you posted any response, as I was looking to implement a high safety with automatic failover mirror for a major client.  My experience with Microsoft PSS is that you do get a good result quickly.

I'm also at a SQL conference this weekend and if the opportunity arises I'll find out what experiences other people are having.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us