Question : Connecting a remote server (Windows 2000) to a remote main server (Windows 2003 Standard)

Trying to connect an old Windows 2000 Server remotely via VPN (Sonicwall - it's checked and up and running) to a Windows Server 2003 Standard at a remote office.
The 2000 server was configured for another location but I need to configure it to connect to this new location in order for it to start serving as a backup server to the 2003 server standard.
I need some steps here because although it is relatively simple, I seem to be lacking the necessary java jolt in order to figure out what I am missing ;-)

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Answer : Connecting a remote server (Windows 2000) to a remote main server (Windows 2003 Standard)

Yep, absolutely could be. What you would need to do is completely remove that server from hosting DNS. You don't want this server to run any DNS service at this point. If that server is still a domain controller, you'd need to DCPROMO it as well to make it just a standard server. Then in the TCP/IP settings of the Local Area Connection, just point DNS to the 2003 server and ONLY that server.  Do not use any other DNS servers at this point.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us