Question : Access 07 "encountered an error during setup" on a PC that has Office 07 standard already installed

I have tried to install the stand alone copy of MS Access on 2 of our PC' today and got the same response from both - and both of the PC's already have MS Office Standard on them - it does not include Access - the response i received came after inputing the Product Key and selecting "Install" - It ok'd the product key and allowed me to accept the terms of agreement (In addition to trying the "standard install", I also tried to customize the install, neither would work) and read "MS Office Access 07 encountered an error during setup" and immediately aborts the install - no error code, no text, just what i stated in the prior sentence. Do i have a bad CD?

Answer : Access 07 "encountered an error during setup" on a PC that has Office 07 standard already installed

For many versions (and years), it was impossible to install Office components out of version and service pack sequence. Newer products would prohibit older ones from installing correctly. If Office has been patched, it might no longer tolerate an un-patched Access version...

Have you tried installing Access first, and then Office?

(°v°)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us