Question : Unable to recover outlook PST file

Hi,
I have one user that is unable to recover a PST file from Outlook. Everything was ok yesterday and Today didn't let us extract the PST file from the server...

When I select
File --> Data Managment--> Add --> select PST --> select  the PST file from shared server --> then in Personal Folders I update name (archive1) then  select OK and I get the following error:
"MICROSOFT Outlook: One or more changes you made could not be saved. The action can not be completed."
Then nothing else happens... I have to select cancel to go back to Outllook...and no PST is loaded.

I have tried to run the SCANPST.exe ...runs ok phase 1 thru  8 ....then gives message of errors found, I select REpair and got the message : An error ocurred which caused the repair to be stopped. Some modifications may have been made to the scanned file.

I have tried to rename the BAK file before created from the SCANPST.exe, and tried to pull it from outlook ..

Also I have tried the hotfix: office2003-KB935411-GLB

Nothing seems to work... :(

DO you know what else can I do?
Thanks!

Answer : Unable to recover outlook PST file

If the file is over 2Gb and this caused the corruption you could try the PST crop tool here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q296088

Apparently running scandisk on the partition where the pst is stord can also fix it.

If the file is really important there are loads of tools on the net that claim to fix corrupt PSTs but you have to pay for them

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us