Question : How do I change the date format when submitting InfoPath form to a SharePoint Form Library?

I need to figure out how to change the format of the date whenever a form is submitted to a SharePoint Form Library and named.  Currently, I am using a "concat" string with the "today" feature to set the date in the name of the file.  However, when the form is submitted to the SharePoint Form Library, the date in the file name shows up as 2010-01-15 (Year-Month-Date).  I would like for the date portion of the file name to show up as 01-15-2010 (Month-Date-Year).

So far I have not been able to find a way to do this and I'm not sure if this is something I need to set in Sharepoint or InfoPath.

Answer : How do I change the date format when submitting InfoPath form to a SharePoint Form Library?

If you are talking about naming the file before it is "submitted" or uploaded to SharePoint, its a InfoPath setting.

Use the "now()" function.

For instance, our infopath forms are concatenated with the datetime in the format of  yyyymmddhhmmss to assure unique names.

concat(substring(now(), 1, 4), substring(now(), 6, 2), substring(now(), 9, 2), substring(now(), 12, 2), substring(now(), 15, 2), substring(now(), 18, 2))
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us