Question : Remove Strange Characters from Access Data Field

I have posted a similar problem to you experts, but here's a new spin. I get an access database from a client and each time i get it, there is always something challenging about it. Previously resolved was my question about removing various HTML tags from a field. Well, now I think that I'm battling carriage returns, line feeds, or some such strange character. I can see the character, I can copy it to the notepad, but I cannot paste it into a simple Find and Replace window or query for it. I've attached the character in a text file and would be more than thrilled to find out what the character is and how to replace it with something like a end of sentence period and space or simply remove it from my data.

I was trying an update query with "*" & chr(13) & "*". I tried charcode 10 and charcode 32 also, but none of these removed anything.

These special characters show up at the beginning of the field, in the middle of the field and at the end of the field. Pretty much anywhere in the field! Sometimes there is one of these characters, sometimes two.

Thank you!

Answer : Remove Strange Characters from Access Data Field

you can use the replace function

myfield=replace(replace(replace(myfield,chr(13),""),chr(10),""),chr(9),"")
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us