Question : Creating a directory path string based on choices in a form

Experts,

I want my Access database form to delete a record AND to delete a corresponding specified file in a folder through VBA coding.

The files in the specified folder are numbered consecutively and correspond to the document number field (not auto-number) seen in the form. I have different file extensions for each file, consequently.

I use the document number and the file extension selections on the form to create the string. The string is used with the kill statement in the code to delete the file.

The code that points to the file works partially. When I use the immediate window to print the string I get most of what I want to see:

H:\My Documents\File Cabinet\10005

But what I want to see in the immediate window is:

H:\My Documents\File Cabinet\1000.pdf

My string code looks like this:

KillFile = "H:\My Documents\File Cabinet\" & [txtDocumentNumber] & [cboFileType]

The problem is the last part [cboFileType]. It gives me the record number but not the text data type field: that is what I want, the non-dependent field of the table (FileTypeName).

See the image attached.

How should I accomplish this?

Answer : Creating a directory path string based on choices in a form

change this

KillFile = "H:\My Documents\File Cabinet\" & [txtDocumentNumber] & [cboFileType]

to  

KillFile = "H:\My Documents\File Cabinet\" & [txtDocumentNumber] & [cboFileType].column(1)

what is the rwo source of the combo box?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us