Question : Add Trusted Sites to all domain users via GPO...

How can I "push-out a list of Internet Explorer Trusted Sites to all domain users via Group Policy Object, BUT WITHOUT deleting the user's existing Trusted Sites or preventing the user from locally editing his existing Trusted Sites.

I recently tried using the GPO link:

"User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Security Page\Ste To Zone Assignment List."

However, when I added URLs to that list and pushed out the GPO, it wiped out the Trusted Sites on all the local machines and made the "Trusted Sites" inaccessible by the local user.

Please provide details of how I might accomplish this task.

Thank you

David

Answer : Add Trusted Sites to all domain users via GPO...

I finally resolved it myself, along with a bit of help from a link pointed out by premglitz above.

I created a vbscript that injected the sites into the user's registry at logon.  I used the vbscript in a GPO that gets pushed to all computers.

This was better than locking up the Trusted Site or managing a lot more than I wanted via the Admin Template file.
Random Solutions  
  •  The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'Databases'.  Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.
  •  microsoft access query criteria to retrieve specific records based on a reference number and part number
  •  Moving an image along side the Mouse Pointer moves
  •  Can I make Sharepoint sites or folders invisible to users without rights?
  •  Infopath Multiple-Selection List Box: linked to access and list populated from Access table
  •  Is there a way to export a SharePoint group to an excel file?
  •  Replace Windows 2000 Server with 2003 server
  •  Receiving error when submitting data to SQL Server through asp.net vb
  •  Insert Data from a table and also add a date/time the data was added in a column called DateRcv
  •  Recovery disk No.2 needed for a Sony Vaio PCG-FR102/FR105
  •  
    programming4us programming4us