Question : How to Setup Auto Delete options for the Sent Folder in Exchange 2007

Hello:

We have just migrated from GroupWise 6.5 to Exchange 2007.  The e-mail and appointments are working just fine.  I would like to setup some rules, for all users, that forces a few folders to stay somewhat small.  My questions are the following:

1.  I would like to auto-archive the Exchange 'Inbox' folder, for all users, to move items older then 8 months to a different folder.
    a.  Then allow this folder to be as a bucket for older e-mail (from the Inbox).

2.      I would like to delete any e-mails in the 'Sent Folder' that is older than 6 months, for all users.
      a.      That is to have the sent e-mails sent to the ‘Deleted Items’ folder.

3.  I would like to make a rule, for all users, that once an e-mail is deleted it will stay in the 'Deleted Items' folder for 30 days.
     a.  Then after the 30 days are up, the ‘Deleted Items’ folder should empty and then stay on the Exchange server for 14 days (for emergency recovery).

Answer : How to Setup Auto Delete options for the Sent Folder in Exchange 2007

Looking at your requirements, you would have to make use of Managed Default Folders (tab) and then right click "Inbox" select "new maanged content settings" specify a name and go through the settings that suits your requirements ; same apply for deleted items folder too

To create the bucket folder for holding emails older then 8 months, you would have to create the folder using the "Managed Custom Folders"

organization configuration > Mailbox >

Let me know if you have any questions
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us