Question : French & Office

I've got a problem - the French grammar doesn't work in Office2000 (Office97 neither).
I've installed Office2000 (Czech distribution - French proofing tools are not included), then I installed some Canadian French proofing upgrade (available at MS site for free download). Because this didn't work I've installed Office97 (Swiss distribution - French proofing tools included). Now some proofing tools didn't function in Office97, but that isn't a problem because all works under Office2000. Only the French is malfunctioning. Office2000 wanted some *.lex and *.dll files. These are the 'French files' in 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof\':
Mshy_pfr.lex
Mshyfr32.dll
Mspfr32.dll
msgr_fr.lex
msgrfr32.dll
mssp_fr.lex
msth_fr.lex
mssp_pfr.lex
msth_fr32.dll
The French spelling in Office2000 is working, but the grammar isn't. Office2000 shows the message 'Nelze spustit kontrolu gramatiky' - translated: 'Cannot run/launch the grammar check' (I don't know the exact-original english message). What's the problem with the French grammar? Is some registry modification needed? Or what can I do? I want the Office2000 (or 97) with Czech, English, German and French proofing tools.

Answer : French & Office

This questin will move to PAQ.

ComTech
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us