Question : Is there a broken links reporting tool available for SharePoint?

I'm currently researching tools available to provide broken links reporting for our SharePoint sites.  Ideally, I'm looking for something that could also report on absolute internal links (as opposed to relative links), as we are looking at migrating our SPS 2003 sites to MOSS 2007 and would like the ability to proactively determine the links that will break when moved.  This would be in addition to any standard broken links reporting capabilities.

I've tried a couple of options, currently the only one that I've been able to get to work with SharePoint is Xenu LinkSleuth.  This tool doesn't seem to have the proactive reporting capability, plus the report that it generates is massive and there aren't any options to generate summary reports.

Is anyone aware of any tools that can provide the functionality that I need?

Answer : Is there a broken links reporting tool available for SharePoint?

I haven't used a 3rd party tool recently... I hear LinkScan is OK.

You can look at the IIS/SP logs > status column. This will tell you what 404's have been returned.

And I believe there's a way to use the MS Search Crawler log too, filter by "The object was not found" or create a new filter http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.server.search.administration.crawllogfilters_members.aspx

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us