Question : My Last Access 97 Back End Upgrade - Slight Problem

I've been over a year coming to this point!

I have been upgrading/splitting up FE/BE's and upgrading FEs and BEs to Access 2003 . . . little by little for a year now. I inherited many Access 97 stand alones on a network with not much experience.

The final "motherlode" back end is here!

I have ONE form in this database that has no more than 5 or 6 pictures liked via OLE and the picture import really bloats things. You people have recommended several great looking alternatives . . .but it's not a big enough problem to worry about.

However, I know that these cause problems in compact/repair or upgrade. So with this in mind, here's what I have done to prepare upgrading this 97 BE to 2003 (On a copy of course):

1. I removed that table object from the table, eliminating the OLE all together
2. I attempted to run Compact and also repair
3. Compact would error so I ran Repair. Repair worked fine
4. Compact gives me this error
"Record(s) can;t be read. No read permission on .......\backend.mdb

Not being too sure what THAT meant,

I re-opened the database in Exclusive mode and removed the database password. Re-rean compact Still got this error.

So I decided to try an upgrade anyway to see what pops up in Conversion Error Table. One entry

Missing or broken VBE reference to the file 'IMGADMIN.OCX'. (I've read on this some, but I still wanted to mention it here in ref to everything else.)

The resulting mdb, however, appears to be fine, at least on a very cursory examination.  It's a major BE and I don't want to deploy it and find out a week later I missed something.

So, in light of everything else I have told you, did the read error refer to and the ref. in the conversion table???

Thanks

Answer : My Last Access 97 Back End Upgrade - Slight Problem

Get to the Debug window (Ctrl+G) ant then Tools --> References and see if any say missing. If it does, see if you can find it on the hard drive and then re-path the reference.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us