Question : Windows 2008 r2 Cluster Shared Volume - Stuck "Online (Backup in progress, Redirected access)"

I have a (2) node Windows 2008 R2 Cluster with (5) highly available VMs on them.

I am running Backup Exec 2010 (beta) to back them up.

Recently, I noticed that my Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) is stuck in status:  "Online (Backup in progress, Redirected Access)".  I have a 2nd cluster volume setup as a Quorum member which is online correctly without issues, and can pass it between cluster nodes just fine.

I DID have a backup job in Backup Exec 2010 that was stuck which I had to cancel...this may be what caused the CSV to get stuck, however it's supposed to set itself back to normal status after 30 minutes.  This is not happening.  I have moved all VMs to the node which owns the CSV resource and rebooted the 2nd node, and the 2nd node comes online without issue.  However, I am still unable to pass the CSV resource off to this second node, the status never changes from "Backup in Progress, Redirected Access".

I am unable to reboot the first node until I can pass all cluster resources to the 2nd node, and right now the CSV is unable to be moved.  

Does anyone know how I can force the BACKUP IN PROGRESS, REDIRECTED ACCESS back to normal access?

Answer : Windows 2008 r2 Cluster Shared Volume - Stuck "Online (Backup in progress, Redirected access)"

Responding to this myself:

I resolved this by resetting the backup agent on the host that the CSV was pinned to (the host holding the CSV and redirecting access).  After this, the volume status changed immediately.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us