Question : Help me hack

Not really, of course. Well, sort of. We've got an mdb on a Citrix Server; User-level security; there are 2 users with admin permissions but for which no one has a password. I can get in as a Full Data User. Since the person who set up the security didn't know what they were doing, they haven't deleted the admin user. Do I just replace the workgroup file in use with a copy of the standard one? The problem I've got is the Server icon on our desktops only open the database straight up on its own desktop, so i can't see what's going on (i.e. how exactly the db is loading with its own workgroup file).
Do I really have unlimited points?
Pete.

Answer : Help me hack

Disclaimer: For this you need to consult the Network Manager, unless of course you ARE the Network Manager.

You need proper access to the Citrix profiles (and roaming profiles if they are using them) to see how Citrix is opening the target mdb.  Viewing one profile should show you the pattern.  Also See if there is a Citrix profile for Administrator; this may or may not be the profile used by the previous developer, but it's worth a shot.

I hope the previous developer is not launching this via Citrix through user-specific mdws or your going to be needing some aspirin...

I would not recommend trying to do development over the Citrix server if you don't have to.  The results could be "unexpected".

Once you find the app.mdw try to swap it with a system.mdw to get you in.  You will have to recreate the user accounts if it works.

For RomMod:  This situation arises all the time and Microsoft warns about this in many ways.  BACKUP! BACKUP!! BACKUP!!!  But nobody listens except us A-team devs that get stuck with the fall-out.

Here's hoping I don't get banned.
regards
Jack
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us