Question : windows 7 - how to view classic windows explorer

I dont like the new windows explorer style.  How do I revert to the classic views Explorer in Windows XP?  Also why does it not load more than one explorer window every time I click on the short cut on the quick launch icon?

Finally in file explorer it seems to automatically find my other computers (windows xp) on a homegroup before I have even told it where to look.  Was this meant to be, how can I protect my other computer on the network, can anybody view it?

Answer : windows 7 - how to view classic windows explorer

But why you would not want all the vast improvements in Windows 7's and Vista's Explorer I don't know:  things like the "breadcrumb" approach for the Address Bar; the extra panes available such as Search pane, Details pane, Preview pane; the customizable Favorite Links list in the Navigation pane; the ability to choose items for copying and moving etc. by putting check marks next to them;  the built-in Instant Search in every window;  the expanded view capabilities through sorting, grouping, stacking and filtering; the Task Tool Bar which varies according to folder contents;  the optional Menu Bar as in previous OS versions;  the optional successive indenting of nested folders in the navigation pane;  the scrolling left or right of folders in the navigation pane to accommodate folder names too long to be fully displayed;  the list goes on and on...

You can start up a second instance of Windows Explorer by right clicking on the folder you want to have a new windows explorer view of and selecting Open in New Window.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us