Question : Date stamp calculated field in Access table

How do you date stamp a calculated field and not use a form?  Is it possible?  Here is my dillema.  There are two fields which a user can input ReviewStatus and ReviewStatusApp.

If either field is = "Final",  then overall status (calcualted field) will equal "Final".
 If both fields = "Awaiting", then the overall status (calculated field) will equal "Final"
Otherwise the overall status = ""

How do I date stamp when the overall status was set to "final"?  

To make it more complex, the users can also upload the data to the main data table from a local copy of the database to the main database.  In this case the form would not be open so I cannot utilize AfterUpdate, etc...However, I still want to know when the overall status would be = "Final" .  

Answer : Date stamp calculated field in Access table

"To make it more complex, the users can also upload the data to the main data table from a local copy of the database to the main database. (((In this case the form would not be open so I cannot utilize AfterUpdate, etc...However, I still want to know when the overall status would be = "Final" . ")))

If Final would not be set until upload then you still would not know when the change to Final should have hapened.

You could also place the update on a splash screen onload event so the update runs every time the database is open also you would have to place (calcualted field) [NewNameofField]<>"Final" in the where statement. so you are not changing the date of records that are already marked as final.

without seeing the data structure I am not sure what limits you have built into this problem.

Hope this helps though.

Good Luck

clint

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us