Question : Problem getting Bala Boss working

We're trying to install a software called BalaBoss Client Navigator (v8.06) onto a Terminal Server (Windows 2003 R2) for a client.

We have mapped the application to the proper data file, using the installed "Workgroup Administrator" application it comes with.

When you open the application, you get past the login screen.  It start to load the file, but stops at 10%, and then the application closes.

When I check the event viewer, I get the following Application Error.

Category: 100
Type: Error
Event ID: 1000
Description: Faulting application MSACCESS.EXE, version 8.0.0.5903, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0455b0f0.  For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Based on my knowledge of this application, I believe it to be based on MS Access.  They have had issues with it before, but that was solved by installing the Bala Boss software BEFORE installing the MS Office suite of applications.  We did install Bala Boss before office, but are still having this problem.  

Answer : Problem getting Bala Boss working

You should have posted back sooner.  It sounds like you need to update your access  or jet  service packs.   See this link:    http://kbalertz.com/829558/Information-about-Service.aspx

Excerpt:
Additionally, Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 fixes the following past problems:
Performance problems occurred when certain pass-through queries were run.
Microsoft Access unexpectedly quit when you tried to upsize a database where the tables contained triggers.

Note This service pack prevents Access from quitting. This service pack does not make it possible for you to upsize tables with triggers.
An "Invalid argument" error message occurred when you tried to create a linked table by using DAO code after the installation of Jet 4.0 Service Pack 7.
An access violation occurred when you ran certain queries that used linked Paradox tables.
Oracle integer field appeared as double in Access.
When you tried to create links to dBase files, you received an access violation or nothing occurred. That is, no link was created, and you did not receive an error message.
When you refreshed a linked table, you were prompted to select a DSN although you were still using the same DSN, and all the connection information was correct.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us