Question : Dymo Label add-in

I have recently been using the DYMO label writer(printer) for printing addres labels. It seems to have added an add-in to ms word that causes word to start up kind of slowly.

I called there Tech Support and they said there is no way of removing MS WORD add-in.

Shouldnt there be a way of removing any add-in if unwanted?

Answer : Dymo Label add-in

"I called there Tech Support and they said there is no way of removing MS WORD add-in. "
Well, that's what happens when you call India... I did tech support for Word until we lost the account to India.  So, I can tell you that you can indeed remove the (or any) addin.

It's a template that (like GrahamSkan said) is a template in your Word startup folder.  Here's the path to the folder to check (if you haven't, you'll need to show hidden files and folders in Folder Options - open a window such as My Documents, click Tools > Folder Options > View and look for "Show Hidden Files and Folders" in the Advanced Settings list):
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

Just clear everything out of there, startup Word and away you go.

It's possible that this addin appends something to the normal.dot template, so you may want to rename/delete that as well (just do a search for files called normal.dot - again, make sure you're looking in hidden files and folders; an option under "More Advanced Options" in the search dialog).

Once that's removed, you'll probably even notice an decrease in load time :)

Let us know if that takes care of it!

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us