Question : Master Powerpoint template with non-editable text boxes and non-resizeable placeholders

Hi all,
I am currently putting together a powerpoint document we plan to reuse.
It consists of some text boxes and some graphs copied in from excel. What I want to do is save the presentation so that only a few text boxes on each page are editable. So when the document is opened the user can only edit the text in maybe three out of the six boxes on each page. Each page will be different.
I also wish to add place holders for excel graphs so when the user pastes the graph in from excel it assumes the size and page position of the place holder I have set up. The user should no be able to resize or move this graph once copied into the place holder.
Are any of these requirements achievable with powerpoint? What suggestions have you that could help me?
Thanks for your help.
Jonathan.

Answer : Master Powerpoint template with non-editable text boxes and non-resizeable placeholders

I would suggest creating a new powerpoint design template with all the static items that you want and leave the areas for users to fill in blank:
To create a unique PowerPoint design template

1. Access the presentation that will serve as the foundation for your work. You have two options from which to choose:

* Open an existing PowerPoint presentation, or

* Open one of the PowerPoint design templates. Open PowerPoint. Select Open from the File menu. Under Files of type, select Presentation Templates (*.pot). Navigate to the appropriate folder, usually c:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Templates/Presentation Designs. Click Open.

2. Change the template to suit your needs. You can change the color scheme, default font, etc. Make sure that you use the Slide Master to change the background items or the appearance of the font.

3. On the File menu, click Save As.

4. Enter a name for the design template, and then click Design Template in the Save as type box.

5. Choose a location in which to save the template. You can save your design template in one of your own folders, or you can save it with the other design templates in the Presentation Designs folder. If you want to be able to easily select this template to attach to future presentations, store it in the Presentation Designs folder, Program Files/Microsoft Office/Templates/Presentation Designs.

6. Click Save.

The only way I know of protecting it from changes would be to password protect the entire thing, I haven't seen any way to only protect certain areas.

Hope this helps
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us