Question : Windows XP Professional - administrator account is missing, can't get it back, files are directory structure still there

Hello experts,

Yesterday,I created a couple new accounts on my laptop (my OS is on windows xp professional).   Today, I noticed upon login that my original administrator account that I have been using is no long visible for login.   I can only see the  2 new accounts and a guest accounts upon login.

I need the original administrator account back again.   When I login, I expect my desktop to look as it had before when using the Administrator account.    

All the files that should appear on my desktop for the original administrator account are there in this directory - : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop
When I go to control panel ---> user accounts that Administrator account is no longer visible.

Can someone please help provide insight into what might have happened and how to get the administrator account back?    If you have any question or need more detail, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Answer : Windows XP Professional - administrator account is missing, can't get it back, files are directory structure still there

To access it, hit CTRL+ALT+DEL once (or twice) at the login screen.

You'll be presented with the regular login screen.

Type in Administrator for the username, and enter the password.

Viola!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us