Question : " List does not exist" when start Sharepoint portal server page. Please kindly help me!

Hi All,

My office using Sharepoint portal server 2003, l encounter this problem a few months and don't know how to solve this problem.

Some time when l start the browser to access SPS portal first page, the page got error message :

Error

List does not exist.

The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.
Click "Home" at the top of the page to return to your web site.

Only the Portal page got this error. When l check with the Sharepoint portal server event viewer, and found some
error message in Application :

Event Type:      Warning
Event Source:      SharePoint Portal Error Reporting
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      0
Date:            10/6/2005
Time:            8:46:42 AM
User:            N/A
Computer:      SHAREPOINT
Description:
A non-critical error has occurred. If Dr. Watson reporting is enabled, details of the error will be sent to Microsoft for investigation.

W3WP.EXE: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException @Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.RenderViewAsHtml(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, String bstrViewID, String bstrViewXml, String bstrQualifier, Boolean& pbSharedList)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

l believe that , this is the problem caused the Sharepoint portal page got the " List does not exist" error.

Have you ever encounter such problem?
Your reply are very important to me.

Thanks so much!

Answer : " List does not exist" when start Sharepoint portal server page. Please kindly help me!

make sure ONET.XML (search for all appearances under TEMPLATE/1033, you should find a dozen) is accessible as well.

did you overwrite files under the TEMPLATE directory? can you make sure they are all have read and execute rights for regular users?

Do you get this message only on the portal homepage?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us