Question : what is the bios master password for gateway solo 5300

I recently changed the bios password on my gateway solo 5300.  Since then I have purchased a new computer and I wanted to tranfer information from my gateway to my new computer but I cannot remember my bios password.  Is there any way I can get past this?

Answer : what is the bios master password for gateway solo 5300

Hi there;

Have you tried using the PHOENIX BIOS backdoor passwords ??
these are,

phoenix, PHOENIX, CMOS, BIOS

Iamsorry to say this but it looks like you are going to have to send it in to Gateway.

This is the from the Gateway's website......
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What can I do if I forget my BIOS password on my notebook computer?

A:
When you created the BIOS password, you were prompted to create a backup floppy disk that enables you to enter the BIOS Setup utility in the event you forget your password or need to clear it. If you did not elect this option when instructed and do not have the password, the only way to clear the BIOS password is to have the computer sent in for out-of-warranty service.

or let's skip the warning:
You could open up the notebook and take off a jumper that allows you to enter bios config as soon as the system boots up.

Removing the cmos FOR ABOUT SOME MINUTES will clear the password...Antistatic place you need while doing this or you may come upto this:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Laptops_Notebooks/Q_21293460.html?eeSearch=true

Best regards...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us