Question : win 3.1 on new pc

Could I install Windows 3.1 in Arabic on a new  533 MHz Compaq PC which was built for Windows 98 specifically?

1) the Windows 3.1 program is from 1993

2) Compaq especially is very specific about which OS is used for different models as this one has the Windows 98 emblem on the cpu.

3) I want to run autocad on this machine assuming I could even get 3.1 installed

Answer : win 3.1 on new pc

I see several possible problems.  Your new Compaq will have very new sound card, modem and video card (or built into the motherboard).  Newer cards usually don't have Win3.1 drivers.  So if you install Win3.1, you won't get sound and will be stuck with low resolution video since you won't have drivers for 256 color or for SVGA.  And your fancy high speed modem won't work.

If you really want to run Win3.1, buy a junky old 386 computer with Win3.1 already on it.  They are very cheap.

You could install a second hard drive and make a small FAT-16 partition on it and install Win3.1 on the FAT-16 partition.  Then you'd have a dual-boot machine.  When you want to boot to Win3.1, then go into the BIOS, tell it to boot from the D: drive, and boot to Windows 3.1.  This is the best of all worlds since you won't lose the capability of your fancy new computer.  Of course, programs installed on the C: drive would be invisible to Win3.1,and you'd need to install read-mode CD-ROM drivers in order to access the CD from Win3.1
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us