Question : sound driver

dear experts,

i reformatted my  computer and installed the applications and windows 98.  However, I noticed that I already lost the sound; i could not play music, videos and when i go to an internet site with music, i can't hear anything.
i went to my control panel and went to the add new hardware wizard.  the following message appeared:
is the device that you want to install listed below?
PCI Card
PCI Multimedia Audio Device
when i select any of the two above, a msg appears:
The device is already installed but it has a problem.  To view properties for the device, and to see the problem and proposed solution, click finish.
when i click on finish, i'm asked to install a driver.  but i don't know what driver is needed as i only have my windows 98 installer.  pls advise.  thanks very much
i searched it from the internet but i'm not that confident to download because there might be a virus.  if i can find it from the internet, pls advise the reliable site.  thanks again

Answer : sound driver

If mgh's advice doesn't help  download Everest Home Edition (freeware)   ...when it runs it should tell you  about  your sound card and where to get drivers for it.   ... I believe it even provides a link to the appropriate download  website.

(If your sound card is fairly new, win98  probably won't have the appropriate drivers for it.)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us