Question : 3 Cascading Combo boxes Working and NotInList Working But How do I Input Data from another Form

The 3 Cascading Combo boxes are cascading and the NotInList event is working fine on the Form with 3 Combo Boxes.  For Argument sake wil use Country State and City (3 Interdependent combo boxes.  I've added a txtBox (txtInComingData) to this form to "see" incoming data form another form (in this case a subform)
My subform has combo box that contains a List of "Cities"  with has NotinList Event that Inputs the NewData in the txtBox txtInComingData.  The form opens it asks "What Country and State does this new City belong to?  The user selects/adds the Country and State using the first two combo boxes. The only 2 ways I can get the City Combo box NotInList Event to work is to either retype or cut and paste the NewData (which I "see" in the txtInComingData txtBox).  I have tried several schemes (and suffer through many runtime errors) of trying to get the NewData to show up in the City Combo Box so the user does not have to retype nor cut and paste.  Can this be done?  Have the NewData show up the City Combo Box waiting for the User to press "Enter" after entering the Country and State?

Answer : 3 Cascading Combo boxes Working and NotInList Working But How do I Input Data from another Form

"Everything works the way it should with the user cutting the data from the OpenArgs and pasting the data in the Circuit combo box and NoInList event works fine.   Is there a way to automate  the cutting and pasting ?"

How does the user cut "the data from the OpenArgs"?  OpenArgs is not available to the user.

Is the problem not firing the NotInList event when loading the value into the Circuit combo box?  If so, use the text property:

Circuit.SetFocus
Circuit.Text = OpenArgs
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us