Question : How to test NLB Load Balancing?

Hello -

So I configired NLB on two Sharepoint 2007 front-end servers.  I cannot use Network Load Balancing Manager because the single NIC unicast mode so all configation in NIC NLB properties and TCP/IP.  

Now how can I test it?  I undestand I can test a redundancy by bringing one node down and see if the 2nd still accessible.  However, how can I test the actualy load balance between two?

Answer : How to test NLB Load Balancing?

I don't think there is any supported/recommended method for this, but this is how I've done it before:

1) Create a test page on your site
2) Add an image to the page
3) The image that you add will be stored in the file system on both servers, in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\IMAGES
4) Locate the image file in that location on both servers, and rename it on both
5) Upload a new image file to server 1 (maybe an image of the number 1 for clarity), put it in that folder, and rename it with the original file name. Do the same to server 2, but upload a different image (e.g. an image of the number 2) and give it the same name as that on server 1.

Now, when the image loads from server 1, it will show you one image, and on the other server it will show another.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us