Question : Problems printing a pdf of an embedded graph in a report.

I have a report which contains a sub report which is a graph. The graph needs to have the background transparent so that I can highlight some ranges which I do with a colored text box.

When I preview the graph it looks fine, when I use Adobe PDF, it is also looks fine, however when I use Acrobat PDF Writer, the graph comes out with a dark background. I need to use the Acrobat PDF Writer, because i have software that combines several pdf's into one. I haven't introduced that part yet, so that is the not the issue.

If I made the graph "normal" as opposed to transparent, it looks fine as well, but I need to have the graph transparent so as to see the shading of the ranges that I am overlaying.

Any thoughts on why a back color of Transparent causes this issue in a sub report graph using Acrobat PDF Writer?

Answer : Problems printing a pdf of an embedded graph in a report.

It is a long-shot that this will be of any help, but I had a similar problem a while back trying to import a flash movie with transparent BG into a PDF. Turns out I had to have the latest version of Acrobat - no other fix. Read this short thread, might give some food for thought:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Photos_Graphics/Web_Graphics/Macromedia_Flash/Q_24448012.html

good luck!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us