Question : How do I push out customized header/footer templates in Word 2007

Using the building blocks I've added "Filename and Path" to the available footers within the Insert ribbon in Word 2007.  I've also removed all the various extraneous footers that our organization will not be using. (Only three possible footers remain)

What is the file location / registry setting that holds this information?  Once I know this, I'll be able to fashion a script that will push out this configuration so that everyone in the organization has access to the same three (and only three) footers. To enforce standards, I'd ultimately like to walk this same path with the available headers as well.

Thanks

Answer : How do I push out customized header/footer templates in Word 2007

I'm surprised no one knew this...

Anyways, I figured it out.  The path for the file that holds all the default headers, footers, cover pages, equations, page numbers, table of contents, tables, text boxes, and watermarks is:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1033\Building Blocks.dotx

You can customize what is in this file within word by going into the "Building Blocks Organizer" inside of Word 2007. To do this, right click on any object within a gallery, and select "Organize and Delete...".  

Once you have finished customizing what you want to display for the users in each gallery, copy your Building Blocks.dotx to a network share, and fashion a script to push it down.

Cheers.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us