Question : Access List Box Form Controls

I have attached a sample of a form I am trying to use.  This is what I want to accomplish.

I would like to be able to assign pieces of equipment to a Test Group.  And Also View Equipment in a test group and rearrange them.

From the design of the form, it should be pretty obvious what I am trying to accomplish, but I am having a hard time with it.  

On load I would like to have in the left list box all equipment that has not been assigned to a test group.  

In the combo box I would like for there to be a list of all of the current test groups, and if you select one of them, then it will populate the right list box with all of the equipment in that test group.

Using the buttons in the middle, I would like to be able to add and remove pieces of equipment from test groups.  Upon removing the equipment from a test group that piece of equipment should move back into the list box on the left.

I have an add new button beside of the combo box.  I would like to be able to create a new test group id here, and add it to the combo box.  and then be able to add equipment to the newly created test group.  

If you look in tblMaster, there is af ield called test group.  As equipment gets added to a test group I would like for that to be populated as well.  As an example:

C2F56 is the default testing group, and ATS-C2F56-02 has not been assigned a test group.  Click add and then in tblMaster the test group is now C2F56, and then requery both list boxes.

I have written too much.  Please offer some coding advice.  I have never dealt with list boxes and their values before.

Thanks

Answer : Access List Box Form Controls

See  my Access Archon article #72 (Paired Multi-Select Listboxes) for an example of this type of setup, where items are moved from one listbox (available items) to another (selected items).  Here is the zip:

Access Archon 72

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us