Question : How do I configure the mx record to send 2 different domains to a single exchange server?

I have a domian setup with an mx record pointed to a Small Business Server 2003.  I am currently receiving mail on [email protected] with no issues.  I have a public IP address and the firewall is forwarding the SMTP traffic to the internal IP address of the server.  I want to change the email addresses of the company ([email protected]) but do not want to lose any mail coming in from the xyz.com (I will keep old email address for 6 months).  The exchange part was fairly simple and I have the new domain in Exchange 2003 setup.  What do I have to do to the mx records to get both xyz.com and yyy.com to send mail to a single public IP address?  can I have 2 differrent domains mx records pointing to the same external public IP address without issues?

Answer : How do I configure the mx record to send 2 different domains to a single exchange server?

You can have millions of MX records pointing to your IP address, there is no limit.

I have about 40 domains all pointing to my own IP address and all mail is hosted happily on my own servers.

Just change the MX record for the yyy.com domain to reflect the IP address used on xyz.com domain MX record and you will start to get mail directly.

Just make sure you have setup a recipient policy and marked the domain as authoritative on your SBS server.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us