Question : architecture question

I have a request to build a one page time reporting form that allows a user to select any Sunday of the year.  Once they have selected a Sunday, they should be shown a table with 7 columns representing the days of their selected week; each column should have an input to allow the user to enter the number of hours they worked that day.  Upon save the user records are stored in the database.

I already have a a user table, but I need to create a table for the time reporting.  I should have one table for the days of the week....i.e. Sunday thru Saturday with a foreign key relationship to the user, but I'm a little thrown by the any Sunday of the year selection?  How should that be handled?  How should I capture that in the database (another table)?  Also, how would I allow the user to only select a Sunday out of the year?  I can have a calendar popup, but I'm not quite sure how to only allow the Sundays of the year be selected.

Any suggestions or better ideas on the table construction would be helpful?

Thanks.

Answer : architecture question

if you will work with weeks all the time, 2nd option is better... 1/7 of records will be in db compared to 1st opt

if you work with individual day then 1st option is better...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us