Question : How to determine why my MFC application requires Microsoft Office dlls to run ??????

Greetings:

I have an MFC application that works perfectly fine when Microsoft Office is installed on the system.  If not, the only thing that works is the splash screen.  At first I thought the problem might be that the development machine contained MS Office, so it some how included dlls during the build.  However, I tried building it on a system that didn't have MS Office but I still got the same results.

Here is the code that starts things off.  As I say, the first part launches but the second part returns FALSE:

// Start the Logo dialog (splash screen) before the main window of the application becomes visible
      CLogoDlg aDlg;      
      aDlg.DoModal();

// Start the First (initial) dialog of the application
// This dialog provides the user various options
      CFirstDlg bDlg;
      m_pMainWnd = &bDlg;
      int nResponse = bDlg.DoModal();
      if (nResponse == IDOK)
      else
            return FALSE;

If it helps, here are the statements generated by debug during runtime:

Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded symbols for 'C:\WINNT\system32\MFC42D.DLL'
Loaded symbols for 'C:\WINNT\system32\MSVCRTD.DLL'
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\GDI32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\USER32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\SHELL32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\rpcrt4.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\SHLWAPI.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\msvcrt.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\comctl32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded symbols for 'C:\WINNT\system32\MFCO42D.DLL'
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\OLE32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\OLEAUT32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.

What do I have to do to make this thing independent of MS Office??

Answer : How to determine why my MFC application requires Microsoft Office dlls to run ??????

They aren't MS Office files in your list.  MS Office MAY require them but so do other apps.
Exactly what happens?  Your logo appears then disappears and then nothing is that what you experience?
Have you got any ActiveX controls on the second dilaog - if you have it may be these missing on the second machine.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us