Question : How do i import data from Visual FoxPro 6.0 DB to Access 2003 with VBA

i'm trying to connect to a visual foxPro DB and a recordSet to it, but i haven't been able to do it, i've tried with both providers the ODBC and the OLEDB, here's the code so that you have a better idea :

*** START ***
Private Sub btnRetrievePay_Click()

Dim conn As ADODB.connection
    Dim rsADO As ADODB.Recordset
    Dim strConnect As String
    Dim strSql As String

strSql = "SELECT * FROM checks"
    ' It is made sure that the check mark is selected for further process
    If (CheckMark.Value = -1 And txtProvNum.Value <> "") Then

strConnect = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Extended Properties=""DSN=Visual FoxPro                Tables;UID=;SourceDB=E:\CHECKS.DBF;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;
BackgroundFetch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes;"""

MsgBox strConnect

Set conn = New ADODB.connection
        conn.Open strConnect

Set rsADO = New ADODB.Recordset
        rsADO.Open strSql, conn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly

If rsADO.AbsolutePosition > -1 Then
            MsgBox "Contains Records"
        Else
            MsgBox "Does not contain Records"
        End If

Else
        MsgBox "Please make sure the Check Box has been selected"
    End If  
End Sub
*** END ***

With this
connectString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Extended Properties=""DSN=Visual FoxPro Tables;UID=;SourceDB=E:\CHECKS.DBF;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFetch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes;"""

Tells me that the file checks.dbf, i'm assuming that doesn't work with visual FoxPro
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With this
ConnectString= "Provider=vfpoledb;Data Source=E:\CHECKS.DBF"

Access Hangs and ShutDown giving me a Bug error if i want to send the error information to microsoft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see, what i'm trying to do its get a hold of the information in that table and be able to manipulate it as need to and retrieve it to a access Table, maybe you can tell me another way more easy to do this it will be of great help. Thank you in advance.

Answer : How do i import data from Visual FoxPro 6.0 DB to Access 2003 with VBA

what is the E drive {E:\CHECKS.DBF} a local drive or network shared ?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us