Question : cannot see some workgroup computers

I have 4 computers setup in a work group configuration. pc1, pc2, pc3, pc4. All pc have sp3, symantic antivirus installed, and windows firewall enabled. Simple file sharing is enabled on all computers, file and printer sharing enabled, etc. All computers are have different names and are joined on the workgroup named office. pc1 can see all computers and their shares. pc2 can see all computers and their shares, pc3 and pc4 cannot see or access anything. when you click expand office network an error pops up saying access denied you do not have permission to access ect. I am logged on as an administrator on all pc's. I can also ping all pc's from pc3 and pc4.

Answer : cannot see some workgroup computers

Another approach for the Computer Browser service is to shut it off on all the computers except one - and then pick one that's likely to be on all the time.

But, I don't think this is your problem.....

The issue here is that the list you see on any computer is delivered by the one computer that is the Master Browser / the "list keeper".  It takes up to 1/2 hour for the computers to decide which one of them will be the Master and then for that one to make the list available.

And, it appears, that having different protocols running can match up sets of computers with different master browsers / "list keepers".  Then you see one set of computers here and another set of computers there.

The whole thing is really quite unfortunate (and unbelievable) because it takes so much *time* to resolve.  Not what you want when you are setting up and debugging a network in "real time".
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us