Question : FLICKERING LISTBOX - MS ACCESS 2003

I've upgraded MS Access97 to 2003.

Issue:
LISTBOX flickers when moving around the items in the list.  The LISTBOX is used as an index for records (i.e when a record selected, the record details is displayed). It appears that the problem is related to MS Access2003.

Questions?
Have any suggestions on how to stop the flickering?  

Answer : FLICKERING LISTBOX - MS ACCESS 2003

I DID get it to flicker on my systems.  It's not bad enough to bother me but maybe it's worse on your system.  I'm assuming this is the test setup you have been playing with.  Here are a couple of techniques that will probably get you around all this:

1. Have you considered using a subform instead of a listbox?
2. Have you considered using an unbound form with a listbox and a subform?  The listbox is exactly as you have it but the subform will be what you display your data in after a selection is made from the listbox.  Populate the subform with the table that will contain your results.  Then based on what is selected in the listbox, just filter the subform:

Me.[YoursubForm].Form.Filter = "[LancoID] = " & Me![lstBusinessEntitys]
Me.[YoursubForm].Form.FilterOn = True

Not sure if that will remove the flicker.  It's just yet another idea.  I'm pretty sure you won't have flicker problems if you use a subform instead of a listbox.  You may even end up with two subforms. sitting on an unbound form.  Using a continous form design, your subforms can be customized to look a lot better than a listbox.

BTW, as far as I'm concerned, there IS an issue with flickering listboxes in Access 2k3.  It appears to be related to changing records on the bound form that's hosting the listbox (using FindFirst or even filtering).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us