Question : Unmountable_boot_volume with blue screen

guys,

I am in big problem please help me..

I have Compaq PC with Windows Xp Home Edition as Operating System.

To begin with.. from past week my pc some how got virus and whenever I go to internet there were so many pop ups so I downloaded all kinds of software like spyware, cd-shredder etc,etc but could not fix it ..yesterday I downloaded one more spyware Adware to remove all the bugs. It scanned for about 500 files being effected, I was so frustrated I didnot even look in to those I just deleted all of them .. After that it said there were few files that were not delted and will get deleted in the next reboot, so I hit ok to restart the PC. But, I was not able to shut the pc, I still was receiving millions of popups, so I forcefully shut down the PC and started it again.. and since then my pc was not working.

It came up with a black screen first with options to start the pc in safe mode, safe mode with networking and start in normal windows mode.. I selected to start in normal mode.. Then I got this BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH saying

Unmountable_boot_volume

technical Information

Stop: 0X0000000ED(0X80E35978, 0XC000032, 0X000000000, 0X000000000)

It also included information like:

check to make sure any new hardware/software is properly installed. If problems continue disable/remove installed software/hardware. Disable memory options such as caching/shadowing....etc etc

I tried to start the PC in safe mode, I am not able to do that either. Then I used my emergency recovery disk that came with my Compaq PC and used it to do recovery. It showed me some errors like  "Cross linked files were found " etc I just ignored them and shut the pc down when all the recovery was done. Since, then the pc is restarting by itself randomly, so unplugged the power chord.

I know I did lot of blunders with out proper knowledge, I think I might have deleted some important registry information while cleaning thru adware..
so, guys can I get my pc to original stage with all the information intact in the hard disk.. please guide me how..

please, please help ...

thanks,
nubee

Answer : Unmountable_boot_volume with blue screen

I have had to solve this problem so many times. I think this is the simpliest solution:

Get a bootable Xp Cd or the SIX Xp Boot floppies with a non-bootble XP Cd in the drive.

Make sure you make the necessary changes in the BIOS to determine which one to boot from first.(either the CD or the Floppies).  With the floppies follow the instructions as to "insert disk 2" etc Making sure that the any Xp cd is in th CD-ROM drive.

With the Xp bootable Cd Insert before booting.

All two ways:

When you get to the Setup Welcome Screen press R for recovery console.

NOW,

use all of the following three commands carefully.

1. chkdsk /r ENTER (dont forget space /r and it takes some time to finish. Just be patiient)
2. chkdsk /p ENTER
3. fixboot c: ENTER (where C is the boot Hard disk).

After all these type exit to restart. (make sure to take out all disks)

This will make you solve this problem. or check here:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20976429.html

Good Luck

MD
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us