Question : Can't locate 13 gb on my drive and yes I see the swap file.

Desktop running Windows 7, Drive C: is a 223 GB. Properties say I'm using 75 GB. I'm showing hidden files, and protected operating system files, so I can see an 8 GB pagefile and a 6 GB hiberfil. I have 14 GB in the Windows folder,  the users folder is 8 GB, program data is a half gb, program files(x86) is 25 GB, program files is a half gb, perlogs, recovery all that is empty, my docs, downloads, music...etc. is all on a Drive E:

Boot and a couple other folders have no more than 5 MB in each... I'm not finding what, 13 GB? Running AVG 9 with its 12 resource hogs, all up to date, always has been. Machine has only been online since early September. Rather doubt it's a virus and never heard of a large rootkit, or any other malware... Ideas? My wife and I have laptop's with Windows 7 and I see no discrepancies.

I have a domain controller, Citrix, some friends and I play around learning... You know... But I'm pretty security conscience, no one should be able to get to anything I don't want them to and my desktop is not part of the domain and isolated via AVG's firewall. I can't imagine any of my friends being able to get to the machine much less hide 13 gb on me.

Thanks - Brian

Answer : Can't locate 13 gb on my drive and yes I see the swap file.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us