Question : Interfacing Microsoft Map Point with Access 2002

We have an Access product that manages services delivered to residences. The delivery is normally done using vans assigned to routes. For example, vehicle 1 might have 10 delivery addresses assigned to it on any given day, vehicle 2 could have 8 delivery addresses assigned to it, and so on and so forth.

We have a client that wants us to export this information (vehicles and addresses) is such a way they can be imported into Map Point and displayed using different colored map pins for each vehicle. This would, in effect, be tanamount drawing a circumference of the area each vehicle was assigned to that day.

Does anyone know enough about Map Point to know (1) if this can be done and (2) if it can, some advice on how to proceed?

Answer : Interfacing Microsoft Map Point with Access 2002

Not sure how much help this will be but.... I have done this for real estate with Streets and Trips - Map Points little brother.

From an MLS listing of available properties I created 5 different files, each represented a price range. Then I imported each one at a time into Streets and Trips. This allowed me to set different colored pushpins for each group. The only thing needed to locate an address in Streets and Trips was a street address and zip code, city/state not required.

This was a totally manual process but the import can be done in just a minute.

I have a client that use a product called EZShred (http://www.ezshred.com/) which routes his trucks. It's based on Access and uses Map Point. It's completely integrated somehow as the maps show up in the database and are dymanically linked to the data.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us