Question : How to load .dbf file into SQL Server 2008 Table?

I need to load one .dbf file into SQL Server 2008 Table. This file has 26 million records. When i try to load with import task i didn't see any .dbf data source . Please let me know how to complete this task? This is just one time task. Thanks

Answer : How to load .dbf file into SQL Server 2008 Table?

You need to use the ODBC connection to connect to the .dbf file and then start importing the data.
Please find the link to configure the connection manager to .dbf file
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337084.aspx

then On the Connection page of the Connection Manager dialog box, select Native OLE DB\Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider as the Provider.

The Database file name text box must contain the path of the folder where the DBF file resides, and must not include the file name itself. You can type or paste in a folder path, or you can use the Browse button to select your DBF file, and then remove the file name from the end of the folder path.

On the All page of the Connection Manager dialog box, enter dBASE III, dBASE IV, or dBASE 5.0, as appropriate, as the value of Extended Properties.

Click Test Connection to validate the values that you have entered. You should see the message, "Test connection succeeded." Click OK to close the message box.

Click OK to save the configuration for the connection manager.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us