Question : No Licence for Access 97 on NT4

One of our PC's is having problems running Access 97. It's NT4 SP6 and I had Office 2000 installed on it. I removed that to put on Office 97. Now I can't start Access because I get the error "Microsoft Access can't start because there is no licence for it on this machine". I tried finding the file hatten.ttf, because I know that if you rename that then re-install Office it usually works. I can't find that file. If there are any registry edits I could do please let me know because it is really annoying. I even tried installing Office SP2a, but that didn't make any difference. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Answer : No Licence for Access 97 on NT4

got this from microsoft knowledge base

Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.

Find the Hatten.ttf file, and then rename it to Hatten.sav. You must do this to avoid the "Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on this machine" error message when you start Access 97.

NOTE: You can find the Hatten.ttf file in the Fonts folder under the name, Haettenschweiler.

Find the existing version of the Msaccess.exe file, and then rename it to Msaccess.2k. Before you rename it, confirm that the version of the Msaccess.exe file is 9.0x by right-clicking the file, and then clicking Properties. Then click the Version tab

Install Access 97 or Office 97.

When prompted, click Change Directory to install Access 97 in a folder other than the folder in which Access 2000 is installed. For example, install the program in a folder named C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office97\.

After the installation is finished, find the Msaccess.2k file and rename it back to Msaccess.exe. Also, find the Hatten.sav file and rename it back to Hatten.ttf.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us