Question : Exchange 2010 After install when initialising it looks for the DC not the member server

After install when initialising it looks for the DC not the member server.

I have uninstalled exchange 2010 off the DC and installed on a member server. When I open EMC i receive the following error.

No CAS servers are available on local server or adjacent servers.

When i click retry i notice it tries to connect to the DC "server01" not the local server that exchnage is installed on.

Is there any way to change this?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

I have noticed there are not exchange services installed either. Further when i open exchnage powershell it asks me for the FQDN for the exchange server.

This is the error in powershell:-

Welcome to the Exchange Management Shell!

Full list of cmdlets:          get-command
 Only Exchange cmdlets:         get-excommand
 Cmdlets for a specific role:   get-help -role *UM* or *Mailbox*
 Get general help:              help
 Get help for a cmdlet:         help or -?
 Show quick reference guide:    quickref
 Exchange team blog:            get-exblog
 Show full output for a cmd:     | format-list

Tip of the day #58:

The special variable $_ represents the objects being passed from one cmdlet to another cmdlet in the pipeline. The $_ va
riable is automatically initiated by the Shell and is bound to the current pipeline object. You can access the propertie
s of the object assigned to the $_ variable as you would any other object. The following example shows how you can view
the Name property of each mailbox object that is passed through the pipeline:

Get-Mailbox | ForEach { $_.Name }

VERBOSE: Connecting to vcentre.magnumtechnology.local
[vcentre.magnumtechnology.local] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM client
 received an HTTP status code of 403 from the remote WS-Management service. For more information, see the about_Remote_
Troubleshooting Help topic.
    + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [], PSRemotingTransportExc
   eption
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed
WARNING: No Exchange Server is available in the current site. Connecting to a Server in an adjacent site.
_AutoDiscoverAndConnect : No CAS or other servers are available in the current site or adjacent sites. Cannot connect t
o Remote Powershell in a Management Tools only box and no cmdlets are provided by Remote Powershell.
At C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\bin\ConnectFunctions.ps1:39 char:27
+             _AutoDiscoverAndConnect <<<<  $credential $Forest -useWIA:$useWIA -CheckCertificates:$false
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,_AutoDiscoverAndConnect

Failed to connect to any Exchange Server in the current site.
Please enter the Server FQDN where you want to connect: vcentre.amgnumtechnology.local
VERBOSE: Connecting to vcentre.amgnumtechnology.local
[vcentre.amgnumtechnology.local] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot pro
cess the request. The following error occured while using Kerberos authentication: The network path was not found.
 Possible causes are:
  -The user name or password specified are invalid.
  -Kerberos is used when no authentication method and no user name are specified.
  -Kerberos accepts domain user names, but not local user names.
  -The Service Principal Name (SPN) for the remote computer name and port does not exist.
  -The client and remote computers are in different domains and there is no trust between the two domains.
 After checking for the above issues, try the following:
  -Check the Event Viewer for events related to authentication.
  -Change the authentication method; add the destination computer to the WinRM TrustedHosts configuration setting or us
e HTTPS transport.
 Note that computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be authenticated.
   -For more information about WinRM configuration, run the following command: winrm help config. For more information,
 see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [], PSRemotingTransportExc
   eption
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed
[PS] C:\Windows\system32>

Answer : Exchange 2010 After install when initialising it looks for the DC not the member server

you probably need to deploy additional assemblies from Symbol SDK for scanner. I advise you to check the project references to get the full list. Most of them will be from cf.net, but some are Symbol related (like scanner)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us