Question : Administrator password reset via Terminal Services causing problems

I reset the administrator password through terminal services on Windows 2000 Server.
After reboot takes 5-10 min.s to login - literally.  Only other thing I did was take TsInternetUser out of Administrators Group; however, I did this before password change, rebooted, and everything still worked fine until I changed the Administrator password and rebooted.

It does eventually log me in, but cant get into Active Directory and several other areas of system.  All applications e.g. web server, database still work at normal speed.

Other info:  When trying to connect to Active Directory - get error
Naming information can not be located because:
No authority can be contacted for authentication

Error trying to connect to Domain Controller Security Policy:
Failed to open Group Policy Object. You may not have appropriate rights.  
Details:  There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Event Viewer Error in Application Log:
Source: Userenv
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name.  Return value (1908).

Answer : Administrator password reset via Terminal Services causing problems

Are you checking/performing tasks (opening AD tools and Group Policy Editor etc) by remotely using Terminal Services session? If yes then it won't work because you have enabled Terminal Service Internet Connection license and logged on using TsInternetUser account which is member of Administrator group. Now you have logged on Interactively so all the tasks and session itself are running under the security context of this account.

Did you check it locally if it works?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us